Mom is having an anniversary party with 40 people. SO she tells me don't wear the Bebe outfit your husband got you.

So I am stuck wearing heeled boots and a boring jacket.What would you wear to a house party for your mom's anniversary?

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Sounds like she was giving you a heads up to wear something a little more formal (boring). Bebe has some cute stuff - very youthful.

Answer by tasches at 4:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Something modest and respectful since the party's about your mother, not you. Especially if she asked you specifically not to wear something in particular.

Answer by ceallaigh at 4:47 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I would wear what my mother asked me to. Obviously there is a reason for her requesting that you not wear that outfit. Is it too short, or skimpy? Show too much cleavage?
    This is a party for your parents, not you. Wear what she would like you too.

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• cealliaigh excellent answer.

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I'd just suck it up and wear what she wants you can always change after!

Answer by shanapiv at 5:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• No, it is casual wear. I have a lot of clothing and always end up wearing black NY style clothing with matching boots.

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• im with first reply

Answer by san78 at 6:09 AM on Dec. 29, 2010