Who is familiar with NAEYC?

It's quality child care recommendation.

MLM0503

Asked by MLM0503 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am. Why, what's up?
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 4:52 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• It is a really good child care recommendation/certification. Did you have questions about it?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:54 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Do you know what they have to do to be accredited besides having degreed teachers?
    MLM0503

Comment by MLM0503 (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• If you go to the website (I know, I hate when I get that answer, but I can't cut & paste using Firefox), it lays some of it out. It's designed to have a set curriculum; only the director has to have a BA or BS, 75% of the teachers need to have a certain amount of credit hours completed, and 50% of the teachers aides need to have the same.

it's a voluntary accreditation program, and the centers have to pay money to get certified. They also have to continue their education, and maintain the standards laid out.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Here's the site
    http://www.naeyc.org/
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 5:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Hi, you can also contact your local Child Care Resource and Referral agency for help if you are interested in support for becoming accredited. I work for a CCR&R and we help centers that are interested get started and meet the requirements.

Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 6:22 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• yeah i know what it is...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2010