do long distance relationships really work?

im in a long distance relationship and im really hoping it works out. if you've had a long distance thing b4 how did you keep it together? any tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband works out of state about three months a year. It is the best time for our relationship.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:52 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I believe that they can if you want them to. If you two are financially stable and able to make plans to see each other then it can work out. You have to be able to trust one another. Keep the communication strong~~~~Start making plans to be with one another if you like to be together~~
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Its good for a relationship but you have got to have TRUST if you dont your relationship will fall apart while it tears you apart..
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 5:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• i trust him, i have no reason not to. im just not sure if i trust myself and my heart is being pretty sheilded in this.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• It works if you have frequent, DAILY communication, if you're both loyal and clear about what your future goals are.
    I've had a 2 year long-distance relationship. Now we're married. We're still working on the reality & getting to know
    his family and friends, but at least we made it happen.

I wish you all the best. I know how you feel.
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 27, 2010