Are you going gray? how old are you and do you dye?

Id say Im 5 percent gray, maybe more and do not dye (yet) at age 38.

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Wow...I was thinking about posting the same question earlier today. I've been letting my dyed dark hair grow out the last couple of months and I'm amazed at the amount of gray that's up there (will be 28 tomorrow). I like my hair dark, but am considering just letting it go.
    angiemgiu

Answer by angiemgiu at 7:50 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I'm 34 and have quite a bit of gray and have since I was a teen (found my first gray hair at 13 and had noticeable streaks at 18). I don't dye my hair. the gray is part of who I am, I don't feel a need to cover it up. I actually get compliments for it. People seem to think it looks cool. Shrug.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:00 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• i have 1 gray hair and so does my kids father lol we are 21 and 24 we dnt want to dye it yet lol
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 4:56 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Oh yeah! I don't know the percentage but I have more now than I have EVER had! I'm 36 and yes I dye my hair.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I've got some gray spots but I don't know how much because I've been coloring my hair since before my son was born. I'm almost 27.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 4:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• YES, and I'm not very excited about it! I'm only 27 and have quite a few..... my mom's mom went completely grey when she was 26! I do dye my hair, I'm not ready to be all grey yet.

I also have really curly hair and I've found that when they turn grey they don't curl as well, kinda wierd.
    Sbrady8208

Answer by Sbrady8208 at 4:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I started going grey when I was 23 (right after my oldest was born). I have been coloring for a long time, not only because of the grey but my natural color (dark brown) has gotten really flat and lifeless.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I found my first gray hair earlier this year, I am 29. I've always dyed my hair so that has nothing to do with the gray sprout. I do yank that puppy out of my head though :-) Dh is 39 and very gray. He seems to add more gray by the day but I like it. I think he looks hot!!
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 5:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I started growing a white patch in my hair in high school. I'm 40 now, and I've been dyeing my hair since I was in middle school.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• i'm 34 and yes i am grey. not that grey but its been a few years. i been dying since i was around 23 -24 but not because of grey hair but mostly just to change my look. mostly high lights and then i went red. its just fun to dye the hair even if i didn;t have grey hair i would do it.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:38 PM on Dec. 27, 2010