What does the hospital send home with a newborn?

Just wondering so we don't have double and triple of stuff.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they didnt send me home with anything i was allowed to take the formula and diapers that i had left over from what they gave me to use while i was there
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 11:12 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• A small pack of diapers and the best nose sucker-outer thingy. Don't bother buying one of the nasal aspirators from the stores - they are terrible compared to the one the hospital will give you.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• It depends on the hospital....

We got a diaper bag, diapers, and sample formula with my first.
    changing pad, diapers, and sample formula with the second.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:12 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• oh yeah we got the nose sucker thing too.... that was it (plus the items I mention above)
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:13 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Not much. Formula if you use it. I don't, so I gave it back to them, and they gave me some extra diapers. A couple of small tubes of vaseline.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• The only things my hospital sent home was the hat, nasal aspirator, the diapers that were on her cart that weren't used, and I think that was it. They also gave me a receiving blanket.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I got some sample formula, left over diapers, bukb syringe, pacifier, onsie, baby hat/cap, brush and comb, shampoo sample size, and a basin. It would have been nice if they had given me more diapers cause we had to buy some right away I think it depends on the hospital. I was also sent home with the rest of my diaper like pads, pads, and some stretchy hospital boxer panties.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• every hospital is different mine gave us the diaper we had left in our cart, and a small amount of formula (2 or 3 two once bottles).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Every hospital is different. If you do a tour of the maternity ward I'm sure you can ask them :D

Oh! And if your OBGYN has them, Enfamil is giving out samples of stuff for new moms. You take the little flyer and give it to the nurse when you go in to deliver. If you're planning to breastfeed you get a LOT more stuff than if you're planning to formula feed. (Stupid and unfair, I know...but that's what it says on the flyer.)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:22 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I got everything from the hospital. They basically told me to take everything but the bed. I got diapers, about 20 4oz bottles of formula, a diaper bag, aspirator, hats, blankets.
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 11:24 AM on Nov. 10, 2008