He runs to daddy when he's upset with me. This is nuts.

Yesterday was stressful for me. I did returns at stores, fought with T-Mobile, braved the crowds then got home and discover my husband had added a second monitor to my desktop and messed up my screen icons and size and colors. They won't go back to normal and I like the way they were. Then he tells me that the light switch on the wall can completely turn my computer OFF. How stupid is that? Somebody flips a switch and my whole system is shut down.
So that night I was too stressed to handle anything. He insisted I go to bed with him. I had a bit of an attitude and grabbed my pillows to sleep elsewhere. I needed space!
Anyways, I wake up this morning to him GONE. Note saying he went to his dads to "think for a couple days." Well kiss my butt husband. Go think.
Later in the day he says he'll come home tonight but I told him to stay and "think" because I needed to think too. Freaking ridiculous. Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I would ask him how things are going to get solved if he keeps running to dad?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Communication is key. He shoulda mentioned what he was planning to do to the computer. he shouldnt insist on you going to bed with him. Hewas probably hurt that you were upset after he worked hard on the computer. Calmly discuss what went wrong, how you both felt and how you should handle those things in the future.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I love my quiet thinking time.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I agree it is ridiculous of him to run off for a few days over a spat it is a marriage not a game.As for the light switch I agree with you thats not a good idea lol..but maybe he thought it was? I don't think he is diliberately trying to T you off.Sometimes males just really do not think things through.I don't think you should have went to the couch either..the two of you will continue to have these issues if you both just run away.Seems really immature too.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• you should tell him that he's driving u nuts with all of the "helping" he probably thinks he's doing. if you don't tell him why ur mad or need to think he obviously won't get it. men are simple creatures. he's probably pissed at u for not sleeping with him. men don't let their emotions shut them off from sex, but women do. who wants to sleep with the person making u angry right? well like i said men are simple and they need to be simply told what is going on, otherwise they'll never get it.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 5:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Both of you need to take a deep breath & remember why you love each other! Then get a computer-savy friend to fix your settings. No piece of electronics is worth getting this upset over. So there's either more to it, in which case, I suggest counseling. Or you both overreacted & need to communicate- not avoid by running to another room- or to another house altogether! Good luck. Hope you work it out.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I don't see how this can be solved with either party acting the way this is described. This looks like pretty juvenile behavior on both sides, very counterproductive. Too bad there isn't an adult in that relationship. Wow.
    Anonymous

• Cool off time. Please talk it out. This is not worth the fighting. GL.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• You are the one that started the freaking ridiculous thing. Learn how to communicate without pouting.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 5:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Sounds like you're both acting like two children. You both overreacted to the situation. Neither of you needed to sleep elsewhere or leave to stay at someone else's house. There wasn't any need for the situation to get more then a conversation about how you didn't appriciate what he'd done to your computer. You two need to communicate and stop giving one another the cold shoulder over something so silly. If you don't talk things out then nothing will ever get solved, and you'll be sleeping elsewhere for the rest of your marriage. Pull on your big girl pants and talk to your husband like an adult.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2010