Why can't they just pick up a phone and call or even text him?!?! I mean really?!?!

Its really ashame that not ONE person in his family can pick up a phone and say "hey this is going on" or so and so just got in town. My bf is the middle of 3 boys. the oldest is in the Army (as well as his wife)they live in NC. His youngest brother lives 1 hour from here. His DAD lives not even 10 minutes away. can no one call him and say hey your brother is in town, thought you would like to know. or maybe his siblings inform him?!?! it makes him so angry.
this isnt the first time. 2 weeks ago he gets a call from his cousin asking him "hey, where you at?" hes like home... she says you need to get over here fast, its yaya's 80th bday and we all here at the nursing home... and HUNG UP.. WTF?! his dad couldnt have told him??? he texts or calls these ppl and half the time gets the voicemail.....he wasnt going to go cause he was to mad. i dont understand the ppl being so inconsiderate.
his step moms father passed christmas night. he called her and his dad and neither answered the phone. :( i understand cause i lost my dad, but you should at least acknowledge your own SON!!!!!!!! he was calling to see how you are doing and so on?! i dunno I just dont get it..... he is at the point where he isnt going to have his dad or step mother involved with his daughter to be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• That's sad that he's become an afterthought. No one deserves that. Do what you can- that's all YOU can do.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:27 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Perhaps he has distanced himself. Work to reinvolve them for the familys sake. Ask them over at least every other week. Call them at least once a week. Make it a point to go and see them.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• My family is the sameway they could be right down the street and the only reason I would know is because after my dad would call and say remember oh yeah you weren't there. After a while either you invite yourself or forget it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Family is so important to us, and because of that, they have such power to hurt us. I don't know why his family treats him this way. Some people are just inconsiderate....although if they don't treat everyone this way, then it's harder to explain.

Although he is hurt and angry, I would keep trying, although I have to admit, there have been times when I've wanted to give up as well. My kids are a big part of the reason I keep trying. I want them to know their family.

Hugs, and best wishes for your new baby.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Damn.
    nqmochafrappe

Answer by nqmochafrappe at 6:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Cutting grandma and grandpa out of his daughter's life isn't the answer. He needs to be vulnerable and tell his dad that he is hurt be not being called.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 5:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• It is sad.. of all places to find out his step grandad passed he seeing is on FACEBOOK!!!!! ugh ppl
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• yeah its possible, but since i been in his life he has made more effort to keep in contact.. and cutting out grandparents is his way of xpressing himself but i dont think he would. his dad has money and thinks everyone owes him and no one is good enough for him. its sad.. we go over one a week if they arent out of town on business.....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Re birthdays and family celebrations, he can keep a note and invite himself.
    Re siblings' visits, he can openly tell these people " I want to see you every time you come in town".

Let's see what will happen next. As for your little girl, she can meet them whenever you guys decide,
    and if they don't treat you right you can decide to minimize visits.

Good luck !
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Lazy?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:49 AM on Dec. 28, 2010