Walmart

Did anyone notice how Walmart has all kinds of toys marked down 50% off the day after Christmas? It makes me mad that a lot of people don't have much money and would be able to buy their children more if they wouldn't overcharge all year long until the day after Christmas! Also we did a toy drive this year for a fallen officer, it would have been nice to have those toys marked down when we were buying for needy children.

genagina

Asked by genagina at 5:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Shopping

• Dh and I decided 3 years ago to have 2 separate Christmas celebrations. The first takes place on christmas, with food and candy. The other is AFTER christmas with toys. That way I can take advantage of any after christmas sales because we're pinching every penny.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 6:00 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Buy your kids Christmas presents for next year now. And hide them.

Answer by louise2 at 5:38 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I hate the way Walmart operates their business, but they are the cheapest place around here for groceries. or I wouldn't even bother going there.
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 5:37 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• They are in business to make money. Remember that the sales are usually to get rid of excess merchandise and recoup as much of the cost as possible.

But if you would like to have their aid in helping your charity drive.
    Send out a letter reporting what your charity did this year and ask them to consider being a part next year.
    Send another letter as soon as school starts. Use the charity letterhead.
    Make it a point to meet the manager and introduce yourself. Tell him you are putting together a list of contributors and would like to include his store.
    Follow up with a phone call.
    You usually have to ask and remind four times before you get a positive reaction.
    Your contacts should always be positive and give the benefits of your charity and what it could mean to both the charity and the store for them to work together.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:47 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• lol. wal-mart 50% off? Usually their clearance is no better than decent sale! Clearance 16.98 for 19.99.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:38 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I'm going to have to check them out. My DS wants to use his gift card. Looking for a snowboard.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 5:41 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I didn't look much in the boys stuff but they had tons of Barbies, tangled baby doll, musical play high heel shoes, baby dolls. Some lego sets. I live in Indiana.
    genagina

Comment by genagina (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I don't know what Wal-Mart ya'll are shopping at but I walked into mine this morning 70% off all kinds of stuff. I just bought for my son, my granddaughter and my grnadsons bvirthdays(all Jan-April). I always try to shop in advance for next years events when the biggest saving are around. Target is the one around here that after Christmas is no better than a regular sale. JCPenney is great too. I bought school uniforms on clearance. I have my GD uniforms through the next TWO sizes for half of what one size would cost me.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Celebrate Christmas a few days late. I've always been tempted!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 27, 2010