Would you go for a kitten or a grown-up cat?

adriennfaklya

Asked by adriennfaklya at 5:41 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Pets

• I would go for an adult cat because you know what you are getting personality wise. A kittens personality is still developing and you just never know for sure how they will turn out. Adult cats are also over looked in shelters because Everybody wants kittens. I take in kittens all the time to foster. Most of them are bottle raised and then taken care of until they find homes and as much fun as they can be I honestly prefer the calmer adults. My three youngest were found under our lawn mower with 3 others, bottle raised and we love them dearly but at 3 years old they are still very playful and kitten like. When I actually go looking for a cat to adopt I tend to go for the ones that are 4 yrs and up.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• depends.. I would want to adopt older ones because they go unadopted more often than kittens
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Kittens. I'm hoping when we move into our house dh will let me work with my local ASPCA to foster kittens until they can find permanent homes. Dh loves dogs, and hates cats....but he Likes kittens lol.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 5:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Got kids? Kitten. No kids or adult kids, cat.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• We have a stray adult cat we feed we are trying to get it used to the thought of living with us.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:44 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Either one is a good choice.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Definitely Kitten. Unlike puppies there's no potty training or destructive chewing. Kittens don't need any training and it only lasts a few short weeks. Enjoy the kitten and take lot's and lot's of pictures.
    The only benefit of adopting an adult cat is probably you wouldn't have to pay to fix it.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 5:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Neither, my family is allergic to cats. Strictly dogs.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:53 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• The last 2 cats we've adopted have been older kittens - 6-8 months old. Still plenty of kitten left, just not tiny. One of them is now nearly 7 and still 90% kitten. The other is just over a year and NUTS! They are fun for our kids and do calm down enough for some nice cuddles and purrs for us adults.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:53 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• A few months to a year old most likely.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:02 PM on Dec. 27, 2010