read !

ok so i went to the courthouse to file requsting full custody for my 3 month old n my daughters dad's 30 days r up on in 2 days, meaning he didnt respond, so what happens next ? do i automatically get full custody ? is this over ?

chriskris

Asked by chriskris at 6:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Probably the best to ask your lawyer. I am crossing my fingers for you. I think when you get the letter from the court that you have full custody than you can be calm and relaxed.:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 6:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• That is a question for your lawyer, but I have heard that if the other person does not respond that you do get full custody. That could be wrong, but that is what I heard at least where I live(Wyoming).
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• thank u ! i will b talkin to a lawyer tomorrow. i just hope i get this one thing, thats all i want n ask for bcause besides that he makes my life impossible he dosent do n e thing for her or even see her. he needs out of my life
    chriskris

Comment by chriskris (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• You have to file for default judgement, the judge signs it and you get whatever you asked for in the first place. Good luck to you.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 6:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• yea i was told to do that thank u !
    chriskris

Comment by chriskris (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• as far as i know it's never really over but as for right now yeah you do have full custody of you baby.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 6:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• file for motion to default, and you should get what you ask for
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2010