Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

read !

ok so i went to the courthouse to file requsting full custody for my 3 month old n my daughters dad's 30 days r up on in 2 days, meaning he didnt respond, so what happens next ? do i automatically get full custody ? is this over ?

Answer Question

Asked by chriskris at 6:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 9 (285 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Probably the best to ask your lawyer. I am crossing my fingers for you. I think when you get the letter from the court that you have full custody than you can be calm and relaxed.:)


    Answer by adriennfaklya at 6:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • That is a question for your lawyer, but I have heard that if the other person does not respond that you do get full custody. That could be wrong, but that is what I heard at least where I live(Wyoming).

    Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • thank u ! i will b talkin to a lawyer tomorrow. i just hope i get this one thing, thats all i want n ask for bcause besides that he makes my life impossible he dosent do n e thing for her or even see her. he needs out of my life

    Comment by chriskris (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • You have to file for default judgement, the judge signs it and you get whatever you asked for in the first place. Good luck to you.

    Answer by bjojola at 6:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • yea i was told to do that thank u !

    Comment by chriskris (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • as far as i know it's never really over but as for right now yeah you do have full custody of you baby.

    Answer by Lynnsae at 6:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • file for motion to default, and you should get what you ask for

    Answer by JLS2388 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.