Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

17 Bumps

I found cocaine in my SO drawer....

I have no money to leave... he has been a controlling asshole and now I know why.... what can I do? Is there anything... he just ran off... I'm assuming to snort some stuff up his nose... everyone thinks he is mr. perfect and I'm sick of it... he does drugs, is abusive and controlling but everyone looks at him as this amazing dad... I'm so sick of playing house and being treated like this... any advice would be appreciated.. I am a SAHM at the moment ( I'm starting my own business) but I have literally $5 to my name... but I need to get my son and myself away from this....

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (39)
  • and btw it was where my son could have gotten ahold of it!

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • there are shelters and resources for abused women. google it in your town. also, if you have family. i wouldn't put up with it either. if you still have the cocain, call the police. he will get arrested and you will get assistence. good luck!

    Answer by mama2bof2 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • Do you have family or friends to go stay with.
    Tis is what I would do. What I find illegal in the house I would dump. When he noticed it was gone and knew I dumped it. I would tell him I will do it everytime I find it.

    Answer by louise2 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • but Louise he is abusive. I hope you have friends or relatives to turn to. You need to get a support system. Find someone to talk to and make the plans so action can be ready to take place. Is he addicted. Does he want to stop?

    Answer by tootoobusy at 7:09 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • Change the locks. Let him be the one to find a place. If he's high he won't call the cops and if he gets loud, you tell him you'll call the cops which he won't want if he's using. I would suggest sending your son to a friends house for the night before doing it.

    Answer by DeeMomOfFour at 7:11 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • I'm not sure... I have some family but they live out of state and I can't run my business from there... well I have found plates and straws hidden before... so he is doing it when I am gone... I came home and found a plate with coke on it after I got off work. He is doing it while watching our son. I used to do it when I was about 18 but I've been clean and don't want it around. Especially around my son. He is hiding it and doing it by himself so I'm assuming he is addicted

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:13 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • you gotta get out of there as soon as possible
    like said above try and find some shelters where you can go now

    Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • He's not your have no obligation to stay with him. But you DO have an obligation to make sure you and your child are safe. Try to find a women's shelter nearby and go from there.

    Answer by Fallaya at 7:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • Instead of running the opposite direction why not confront him and help him get off it....


    Answer by older at 7:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • You gave yourself the best advice at the end of your question you need to get away from this. If he is involved in drugs he needs help that you cant provide. I know from experience that a drug addict can only change when they want to. You and your child do not need to be in his destructive path. I watched my step-father repeatedly beat my mother and then he moved on to me because perhaps she didn't have the same effect anymore. Abusers and drug abusers have no place in a childes life. Ask the lord to guide you in your separation and where to go because if you dont now it might be to late. You also need to consider that if CPS or the police get involved your son will be taken from both of you

    Answer by cooktrio at 7:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.