am i the only one who thinks this is odd , or weird?

Being friends with your sister in laws husband, or my husband being friends with my brothers wife. I can see people getting to know each other and you all live together maybe. but as long as its friends of the family.

The reason i ask is that on a social network my sis in law's husband requested to be my friend. I don't know him, met him once and hardly ever talk to my sister in law. I just find it an odd request, does anyone else think like this or am i the only one.
my husband doesn't think it matters.
It may be my old way of thinking, i am 30 by the way.. anyways i think that their is no reason to befriend another womans husband or another mans wife unless it was my sisters husband or something like that..

NaiveDream

Asked by NaiveDream at 7:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• You both have married into the family; it makes sense for the two of you to be friends. My sister and my husband are on each other's friends list. My husband is an only child.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:17 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I don't think it's odd at all. I'm friends with all my inlaws, male or female...and I'm almost 30 myself.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I am friends with both of my BIL on facebook.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:38 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I am friends with people I know and their spouses. I don't find it odd.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• What kind of person is he ? A serious guy ? Flirtatious ?
    Are you single ? Is he happily married ?

You see, it depends on the way he talked about it ...
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• What's wrong with being friends with family? It's better to get along then hate each other.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Be aware of the bad wolf !!!
    I think he's bored in his marriage, and found a beautiful girl like you to pass his time.
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• FYI: Facebook "friends" are not like real-life friends. They are people you know one way or another who you don't mind getting updates on.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Facebook friends are not the same as real life friends. In my case it would be strange to be friends with my inlaws in any fashion because I just don't get along with them, but for a lot of people it would not be a big deal. I have all kinds of friends on facebook that I don't hang out with regularly.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:27 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• i do not think that it is odd at all either. No bid deal. I am friends with my brother in law, he is like a brother to me and I am sure my husband doesn't think anything of it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2010