my daughters dad showed up today!!! (no question..just a vent)

i was in my kitchen, when all of a sudden the dogs went crazy barking..so i went out to see what they were barking at..and my ex walked thru the gate..i took one look at him, walked inside, slammed/locked the door and sent my daughter away so she wouldnt see him!!

he hasnt called, or seen her since april!!!! the last thing he "said" to me..was a text, telling me hes done! he wants nothing to do with her anymore. (dd is 6yrs old..he was only "somewhat" in her life for not even 3yrs) he waited at my door for about a minute, then left..he had gifts with him, which he also left at my door..i didnt let my daughter see them tho..and she wont!! they wil be taken straight to the salvation army tomorrow!

alexis_06

Asked by alexis_06 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Don't do that just yet. Keep them for a while. People change and maybe thats what he's doing. Keep protecting your daughter but allow him to change. It might of taken him 6 years to figue out that she was the best part of his life.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 7:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• He is still her father. She deserves to see him and to have the gifts. She should not be deprived of her father or gifts because of your issues with him. He can always go to court. He could say you wouldn't let him see her and gave the gifts away and try and get custody. He would have a chance if the judge believes you are a problem and will come between him and his daughter.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:53 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• you did what was right and until he can prove he is ready to be in her life and not mess with her then he should prove it and take it one step at a time. I truly think you did the right thing!!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• He may have finally grown up and wants to be a good father. You may have just ruined a wonderful thing for your daughter.
    Anonymous

• Tread lightly on that one. I also have an ex who decided he wanted to be daddy after 10 years. I finally allowed him to see our son, trusting that he'd stick around and I was wrong. He saw our son once then disappeared again. My son was heart broken and I will never allow anybody to hurt him that way again.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 7:50 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I am not sure what was done is right or wrong, but maybe just let him say what he has to say, and if its the same ol thing as before, then be done. but at least try to see if he makes an effort. I lost my dad almost 3 years ago, i would love to have him back, dont deny her, her dad while he is still here. if he can prove to you he is trying and better. then give it a shot for her sake. if it makes u feel better, make it legal and have visits.... i dont know what all he did but see u are still hurt, but he doesnt deserve him taking off on her nor does she deserve to not be able to see him when he makes an effort. all im saying is gt back in touch and see what mister wonderful is planning on doing... i dont approve of dissapprove of what u did., who knows it could have ben in the best interest of your daughter
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 7:52 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Let her have the toys. She will not care who there from.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 7:54 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I can see why you would be angry but maybe is growing up and wanted forgiveness. Sure he should have called a head of time and I'm glad you didnt let her see him. I think maybe you should call him and try to set things straight. Tell him he cant see her until he grows up and say if he walks away from her one more time then that will be the very last time.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• good for you! :)
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I don't blame you for not letting him see her but I would of kept the presents...you could say they are from you, grandma & grandpa, if she asks.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 11:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2010