What do you think?

What do you give your kid for allowance? Should an allowance be given? Should some be saved to teach about savings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in General Parenting

• We don't do an allowance. We do sometimes pay them for really extra above and beyond chores, like the weekend we all pitched in and stacked 5 cords of wood, they got paid for that. They don't get paid for their weekly chores. They also get money from grandparents etc for holidays, good report cards, just being cute. They all have savings accounts and we do encourage them to put half of whatever money they do get into savings but don't require them to.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:53 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• How old is the child? For me I think it kind of depends on age. When I went to school I earned $5 for every B and $10 for every A. Doing simple chores I recieved $5 sometimes $10 if I cleaned the whole house. Savings would be a good idea though and some spending money here and there.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 10, 2008