When will I get my student aid?

I am enrolled for Spring and Intersession. I will be getting some FAFSA. When does it come? My books are so expensive and I need a ton of them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in

• You need to talk to the school or the organization that the Finical Aid is coming from.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:08 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Many schools do it differently. Call your financial aid office like the first poster said and they will let you know. Sometimes you just go to the book store and sign a paper for the books and they deduct it from your total amt

Answer by admckenzie at 8:13 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• my student store had it on file with my name and id number. i would call or the first day of classes i would go in to the book store and ask them about finicial aid and how you can apply it to all your school supplies. even going to the finicial aid office once it opens after the new year.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• It takes awhile. I applied for my stuff in July, and I finally got some grant money in November, and my student loan check *early* a week ago.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• FAFSA is NOT financial aid. It is the application to see what you MAY be eligible for. Once it is determined what you will get, it all depends on the school when you will actually get the aid. The school I go to takes 6 weeks AFTER the semester starts to disburse ALL aid. They do set up accounts for every aid student to get their books at the bookstore without needing money but you have to be approved for financial aid. Call the schools financial aid office and find out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My college disburses refunds the Friday before the semester starts.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Depends on the school. Go ask your financial aid counselor
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 3:18 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

Next question in
SAT/ACT question

Next question overall (Relationships)
Anniversary ideas!!!!