Is it weird that my husband stays in the bedroom when we are home?

My husband always is in the bedroom watching tv, playing video games, on the computer or reading. What could be goin on that he never wants to spend time in the livingroom with me and the kids?

butterfly3010

Asked by butterfly3010 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• ask him

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Well my DH spends time in his home office. He has a computer with the internet and can be doing almost anything in there though. But he always leaves the door open so we can walk in whenever we want.
    Does your DH leave the door open or closed?
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 8:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Have you asked him yet?
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 8:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• i'd say talk to him but it's most likely to have his own time from a long day...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 8:06 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I spend a lot of time in the room where my computer is. There is also a TV. I don't like to watch most of the programs that my husband likes. Since you have young children, your husband should spend some time with them. But after doing that if he prefers the quiet of a room on his own, there doesn't have to be any reason other than wanting some quiet time.

Answer by Bmat at 8:07 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• It's his Man Cave.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:11 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I agree, ask him
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• He does need time alone. But you say always. He needs to spend time with his family. Otherwise, he is just a check. Talk to him.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• He sounds depressed..or stressed..or both. That is odd how he stays in there all the time..not spending tine with your family is hurtful to all, as you and the kids don't get to see him and he misses out on a lot. I wish I had the answer for you..he might need some help psychologically.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• He probably wants to unwind with some alone time.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:07 PM on Dec. 27, 2010