hair falling out in clumps in 2 yr old

i picked my 2 yr old daughter up from day care and when we got home i was brushing her hair and it started to fall out. with in an hour so much had fallen out she has a bald spot about the size of a grapefruit. If anyone has any info on what could be causing this please post

dominique1108

Asked by dominique1108 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I had a friend that had the same thing to her daugher and it turned out to be related to stress (they were moving into a new home, new location, etc.) but she still had her checked out by a doctor.
    DWACMom

Answer by DWACMom at 8:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Get your daughter and go to the ER straight away. I have no idea what could happen but it is definitely not normal and probably really dangerous. Do not wait one minute more.
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 8:09 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Could be numerous things. I would be calling the pediatrician right in the morning. Could be stress, could be not getting the right nutrition ( my mum lost her hair when she was young from not eating well ). Good luck.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:15 PM on Dec. 27, 2010