Wine or Champagne?

Which are okay to drink during pregnancy? A few of my friends want to go out for New Years and I would like to have a little drink, since it is my first New Years as 21. (Great birthday present. Turn 21 and 3 weeks later found out I was 7 weeks pregnant)

But anyways I was wondering what would be okay. I know some people say a glass of wine a day or a week is okay. But I didn't trust it so I never touch anything. Even when they bought me a bottle of wine. It sat in my fridge forever. But like I said I would like a little little glass even if its a sip to celebrate the New Year and my new baby. I'm  about 36 weeks if that helps.

Thank you Ladies

happy new year

new_mommie_2b

Asked by new_mommie_2b at 8:13 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You are almost there. Skip it this New Years.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:15 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I've heard that too, that a little won't hurt, but why take the chance? There's no rule that says you must have alcohol to celebrate the new year. How about sparkling grape juice? Fizzy, sweet, and no alcohol. :) Congratulations on your 21st birthday.

Answer by Bmat at 8:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Neither they are both alcoholic drinks!

matthew9_22

Answer by matthew9_22 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• in all honesty if you are 36 weeks just don't do it. Get sparkling grape juice and have that instead. Booze isn't necessary to bring in the new year and the sparling juice at least has a tiny amount of nutrition.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Neither!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I didn't let me being pregnant keep me from drinking any. I'm not a heavy drinker regularly, so the same goes for when I'm pregnant. The last 2 New Years, I've been pregnant. Both times I had a little champagne.
    Anonymous

• So true. I don't think I will drink anyway. I just thought I would ask. I'm more excited about my baby coming than anything.
    new_mommie_2b

Comment by new_mommie_2b (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• At 36 weeks, if you want to toast the new year, you can, but stop at one.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:20 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I had a TOTAL of maybe one glass of champagne throughout my pregnancy, between Mother's Day and my wedding. I had a couple of sips, which ultimately, won't hurt the baby, but I don't know that I would do it again. It's really not worth risking something like that, and then if SOMETHING goes wrong, you'll always wonder if that had something to do with it. I think you'd be wise to stick to sparkling cider. Congratulations on your baby! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• the thing with fetal alcohol syndrome is they don't when it occurs. it could be beginning of pregnancy, or later or the middle. so they say don't risk it, but its your baby, and your life. your decision. but what if you have a drink and your baby come out with something wrong? happy new year!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2010