Cigs taste bad ??

Hey ladies, I am currently on the pill and I smoke like 3 cigs a day I was smoking a pack a day until about a month or so ago and I've noticed in the last week that they taste really horrible. I was just wondering if this happened to any of you and if so did it result in a positive pregnancy test. I'm not due to start my period til tuesday or wednesday but I have a few other symptoms. Not sure if it's just the pill or if the pill got defaulted a few weeks ago when I had the flu.

Proud_Mommy05

Asked by Proud_Mommy05 at 8:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes! OMGoodness I almost vomit if someone smokes around me! Its been horrible since I was about 5-6weeks. The smell of gasoline too is bad!
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 11:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Everything seems to mean you are pregnant.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:33 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I fail to see how this is a bad thing. Cigs are bad for you anyway. But the pill is not useless due to the flu. now if you took an antibiotic then yes it would invalidate the pill. It's just one of those wait and see things. Be a good time to just quit completely. Anyway good luck. Hope things go the way you want them to.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:38 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• The flu when there is vomiting and diarea CAN cause the pill to be useless. My doctor told me this when I got on it.
    Proud_Mommy05

Comment by Proud_Mommy05 (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I smoked before I got pregnant and was completely disgusted with them during my pregnancy. I noticed it before I even knew I was pregnant. It started out just not craving them then slowly they made me sick. Then I found out I was pregnant and knew I couldn't smoke anyway but the sight, smell, thought of them made me gag. I've never heard about the flu making the pill less effective so I can't say anything about that, but the cigarette thing could definitely be a symptom.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:48 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Thanks ladies!!
    Proud_Mommy05

Comment by Proud_Mommy05 (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Dec. 28, 2010