Bad Skin

My 12 year old daughter wears make up everyday.But she stopped waering it over Christmas break to let her skin breathe.She already had a few bumps (not pimples) but bums on her face.But when she stopped wearing make up they got even worse,and now her skin is getting dry.Do yall know of any make up that blends well,and is healthy for your skin?Good bless!

KimKards

Asked by KimKards at 8:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I really like Bare Escentuals (Bare Minerals). I have skin that LOVES to break out, and it doesn't clog pores or get slick. It's good for pretty much any kind of skin. I know Sephora and Macy's both carry it. It IS more expensive than stuff you'll find at Target or one of those places, but for me, it's worth it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:46 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• She is about that age when hormones and body changes are going to start affecting her skin and face. My daughter has to be extremely careful with makeup. She has had allergic reactions to some cleansers, lotions and makeup. However, both my son and daughter have had to use prescriptions for their acne. My daughter just recently went into the doctor and they put her on a type of antibiotic for her skin because it is known that during the time a teens skin can get inflamed, irritated and result in a skin type of infection. She also gave her a mild prescription facial wash. She has been using this for almost 1 month now and there has been considerable change in her facial skin. She also stopped wearing makeup for a week when she started this regiment. The doctor mentioned that her skin would be dry from the cleanser and recommended she use Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• smooth minerals or bare minerals are great
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 1:19 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Bare minerals.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• yes bare minerals
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:08 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would say try bare essential minerals but not just any kind, because the storebought kind is not worth a dime. Also maybe she would go for not wearing foundation especially if her skin is sensitive. Tell her she can wear eye make-up and lipstick . Shes only twelve so she doesnt need to hide under make-up tell her shes beautiful the way she is.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2010