what over the counter medicine can my baby take?

she will be 4 months on jan 8th. she has a runy nose and is coughin.

babbykrissy

Asked by babbykrissy at 8:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• tylenol only

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I would call your doctor and ask what they would recommend.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 8:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Doctors are the best people to ask this question
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• For those symptoms? Absolutely nothing. Sit in the bathroom with her, and run a hot steamy shower. That's about it.
    Anonymous

• Doctors recommend only Tylenol if there is a fever, nothing else for infants and children should be given. A vaporizer in the baby's room and suctioning out her nose using saline solution as ofter as possible is really the only thing you can do. For the cough, you should ask her doctor.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:53 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I agree talk with your doctor. But my Pedi and pharmacist says that nothing is the best course of action, besides tylenol. Once they are OVER 2 then you can give them honey for the cough, and it is just as effective as a cough medication otc.

A humidifyer cold mist is probably your best option, and elevating the head of her mattress, also take her in the bathroom and close the door and turn the shower on hot and sit in the steamy bathroom(not the shower lol) with her to clear her sinuses.

You can also do a few saline drops in her nose to lossen up the mucus and then suction it out.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:54 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Nothing. No Tylenol for that young of baby. It doesn't help a running nose and coughing anyway.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Cool mist humidifier, saline drops and try to have your 4 month old take a little water if they will to loosen the mucus up.
    DWACMom

Answer by DWACMom at 9:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I would use a vaporizer or humidifier. Put some Baby Vaporub on her chest and feet and put socks on her. Or run hot water in the shower, shut the bathroom door and let her breathe in the steam. Also my dr said the cold air can help too. Bundle her up and take her outside and let her breathe in the cold air. It will help open her up. Put some saline nasal drops and suction out the mucus.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 9:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Breastmilkis your best and only cure for a 2 month old. This is one of the many reasons we breastfeed.  Breastmilk will lessen the length and severity of the illness.  You can also use it like nasal spray to help with nasal stuffiness.  I hope baby feels better soon!

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 9:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2010