Is This Nomal?

My 12 y/o daughter has a thing for older guys.She watches this teen show "Degrassi" and is completly obsessed with this boy Munro Chambers who plays a 17 year old boy named Eli on the show.But in real life he's 20!!!I was fine with her having a crush on the 16 year old Justin Bieber!But now 20 year olds??!I mean he could totally pass for a 17 year old but hes not!And it kind of scares me!

KimKards

Asked by KimKards at 8:53 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• All girls that age have crushes on tv and movie and music stars. It's not like she actually thinks she's going to have a relationship with him, does she? It's totally normal and natural. I wouldn't worry unless she starts to have crushes on boys she actually knows who are a lot older than her.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• lol why, when i was her age I was in love with Leonardo Decaprio, and he was in his high twenties i think. It's a celebrity fantasy crush...now if she starts asking to date older "men" at a young teenage year then I would be worried.

Right now she is just a completely normal teenage(pre) girl
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• It's just a TV show, who cares... When I was a teen I had a crush on Josh Hartnett and he was much older.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Yeah don't worry about it....it's just a fantasy crush
    tnelle8

Answer by tnelle8 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• This is just a fantasy crush! Nothing to worry about unless it starts to become a real crush with a real boy. Then you will need to have concerns. My daughter did the same thing and still at the age of 16 has those dream crushes on some of the actors on TV shows. I think we all did the same thing when we were a teen and probably still do.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Definitely normal, I wouldn't worry about a fantasy crush I think most girls do this.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2010