Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 Bumps

how to talk to my teen girls about what happin

My oldest was sexual abuse by her dad for 4 yrs. and right now both girls are in froster care right now

Answer Question

Asked by mother2teenkids at 8:56 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

Level 2 (8 Credits)
Answers (15)
  • BUMP! Seek counseling, if they want too. If not, don't push it on them because they'll hate you forever!

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • I agree seek counseling for each individually and as a family. good luck

    Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • I think counseling is mandatory in this situation. Is their dad in prison yet??
    You need to make sure they know THEY are NOT to blame here, and that they did the right thing by telling you/a teacher/whomever finally reported it. Make sure they know you love them and they can come to you for anything without judgment.
    I'm SO sorry to hear this has happened. It's horrible and sick and sad, and no one should ever have to go through this.

    Answer by musicpisces at 8:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • If CPS has taken them out of your home and put them in foster care, then they should also be getting them counseling. You should be getting some, too. How did that go on so long and you didn't know about it?

    Answer by ceallaigh at 8:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • he is in prison for life he been in there spet 24 ,2010 and that my girls have been going to counseling and i have too and soon i hope to get divorced from i hope soon be ex

    Comment by mother2teenkids (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • Be honest with them, answer their questions as honestly as you can. Tell them everything they want to know, even if they are mad at you over it. Protect them, not yourself!

    Answer by parajumper3 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • Oh wow that is so sad to hear definitly seek counseling. IDK what your situation was and dont judge for it,Just get your divorce and let your children know that know matter what ever else happens in life that you will always be there for them and you love them unconditionally , it helps to start the healing and talk to God he knows just what to do.

    Answer by charley01 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • If they were taken from you, then there has to be something else your leaving out. Did you know about this and your daughter told CPS? There is def something else to this. I am not trying to bash you, this must be really hard on you. However, I really hope you didnt know and ignored all the signs. Also I hope that you put that bastard in jail, after you beat him with a bat! I would kill someone if they ever hurt one of my children. They would be in jail so fast, their head would spin.

    Answer by bellamommyof4 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • My ex been sexual abuse my oldest daughter for 4 yrs. she told her best friend and they told their friend and they told the school what happin to my oldest daughter and cps step in and took both my girls for what my ex did to my oldest daughter.court told me that i can not have anything to with my ex and same as my girls.right now i hope stays in jail for a long time he broken the trust and love from me and my girls

    Comment by mother2teenkids (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • I am so sorry. You must feel as if your world has been ripped in two. Stay inside the box. You must have professional help. Use them. You hang in there mama. Get help for yourself, you will need it. Don't blame. It's okay to feel your feelings, remember they are not facts. Good luck sweetie. All my thoughts are with you. Bump!!!!!!!!!!!


    Answer by rosetoes at 11:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.