what could this be?

My 4 year old dd has a grayish boarder on her front tooth. I, of course, have mad an appointment with her dentist but it won't be for another week and a half. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? I brush her teeth 2 times a day and while she does drink some soda, it's not that much. She feel about a couple days ago and hit her mouth, could that be it. I am so worried about what it could be. Any ideas? Has anyone had this?

JLS2388

Asked by JLS2388 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Health

• It could be from hitting her tooth, but I'm not sure. MY little sis fell and chipped a tooth at the same age, actually 3 i think. They ended up extracting the tooth because it would cause her pain. Its just a baby tooth so I would worry to much.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Well, you are right at least it is a baby tooth. It doesn't seem to be bothering her, she eat just fine and I brush her teeth with no problem.
    JLS2388

Comment by JLS2388 (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Sounds like her tooth is dead. That happened to me when I was young, I fell and my tooth died, but it fell out eventually and then my adult ones came in.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:21 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Decalcification means when enamel is eroding,do you let child eat lemon's?? Lemon's are bad for enamel of teeth.Acidic in a lot of citrus is bad for your teeth.could also be medications you took while pregnant.Don't worry baby teeth will fall out !
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 5:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I have seen kids have this that have hit their tooth on things.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:14 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• No, she doesn't eat lemons lol
    JLS2388

Comment by JLS2388 (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2010