How do I let DH know how much I appreciate him?

He is the best, and I feel so lucky! He's been a little down lately and I want to cheer him up. He just started a new job after being at the same one for 12 years, and he's not loving it. I hope its just because its new, but we'll see. He works so hard and I am able to be a SAHM because of it. We've had a lot of stress, good and bad, lately and I think he's just getting the blues, but I really want to do something special that won't cost anything. I shipped the kids to my moms and made him a nice dinner last night, but I'd like to do something little every day so he feels appreciated. I know.... he's lucky huh? lol... I'm the one that is lucky, though. Anyway..... Any ideas? Little stuff that will pick him up, ya know?

drowninginboys

Asked by drowninginboys at 11:54 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• Write him sappy love letters telling him how you feel and leave them someplace he'll find them. Make him "I love you." cards! When he's at work, order his favorite food and have it delivered to him. Draw him silly cartoons that will make him smile and tell him you love him..... When he's in the shower sneak in and write "I love you baby" on the mirror. Give him special hugs when he isn't expecting it. Does he play video games? If he does, ask if you can play with him, even if you hate the games, and ask how to control the buttons. Ask him to open something for you and then make a big deal about it... Needless to say my hubby always feels appreciated...
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 11:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Blow jobs usually work...sorry I had to. LOL
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:55 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• HIS FAVORITE SUPPER, ONE NIGHT OF WHATEVER HE WANTS... SIT WITH HIM AND WATCH HIS FAVORITE TV SHOW OR MOVIE... AND THIS ALWAYS WORKS TOO... HONEY I LOVE YOU AND I KNOW THAT I DON'T TELL YOU EVERYDAY HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE YOU, BUT I COULD NOT AND WOULD NOT WANT TO LIVE MY LIFE WITHOUT YOU.
    bratmom3

Answer by bratmom3 at 11:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• a foot rub
    lifeisgood176

Answer by lifeisgood176 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Well if it were still nice out a pic nic would be nice but now it's getting cold.
    Board games or a movie and dinner night might be a relaxing night that might cheer him up a bit.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i write little love notes on post-its and stick them places for him to find. like in his lunch, in his coat pocket, on his steering wheel. i also try to buy/ make his favorite treats and sneak them into his lunch
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 12:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Tell him he looks nice every day out the door. Good food and great sex. Men aren't that complicated. Tell him you love him.
    Anonymous

• Tell him how much you love and value him. How important he is in your life. Just out of the blue.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Do you pack his lunch? Leave little love notes in them. Be a wonderful wife - have a hot dinner ready when he comes home, have the house tidied up when he comes home. Have an activity planned for the kids that keeps them well behaved when he first comes home. Communicate about how blessed you are to have him. Give him some good luvin every night!

MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 1:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Try to tell him every day, that's what I do. It's free, and makes you both feel good! I thank him for the little things he does around the house as well, like taking out the garbage when I don't ask him to. It's not my job, and he doesn't need to be thanked, but it's nice to be appreciated and noticed, anyway.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2008