How do I get my 11month old to stop screaming in the car?

He has always been so good in the car. I tried music, books, toys, baby mirror, talking to him. The past three days (because my husband has had a mini vacation) we have been tring everything we can think of to get him to be GOOD in the car. I always make sure he is not hungry or tired, nothing is uncomfortable (to tight etc..) his diaper always get changed right before we go in the car.

I am out of ideas.

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is the only change been that your husband has been home too. It is possible that you child doesn't want to share you or he wants both of your attentions. It is hard to say.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• All my kids went through a period that they HATED the car. It usually was when we switched them out of the infant carrier. They just couldn't get used to sleeping in an upright position. Plastered to the back of the seat by the 5 point harness. :D I know it's safer, but it sure must make car riding uncomfortable. Anyway, my kids have all adjusted after some time. I would say give it a few months for him to adjust. Maybe he is just sleeping less in the car.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• How about start to sing his favorite song and see if it distracts him or quiets him down. Or start to say I bet you can't wait till daddy gets home which is real soon and see how he reacts or if he is listening.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I think it's a phase... there was a period where my son did the same thing around a year. We have special car toys that he only plays with in the car and they stay there... that way they are always new.
    If you baby is still in an infant seat... I would put him in a convertible with more space. If he's already in a convertible you might play with the angle of the seat... older babys can sit more upright... so if he's still at the full infant recline you might want to put it more up.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:43 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• i agree with pp
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:26 AM on Dec. 28, 2010