I dont want to bite my nails anymore?

Does anyone have any suggestions on not biting their nails anymore?

I have tried, the nasty stuff you paint on your nails.
I have tried keeping fake nails on, and then when I can't afford to get them done again, and gone weeks without bitting them. I bite them when I dont even know it after they come off.

I would love to stop. I just not sure on how too.

HANNAHSMOMMY25

Asked by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Health

• Therapy. Seriously, to help you identify the triggers of your stress or what causes this nervous habit.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:14 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• you have to identify what situations make you want to bite your nails....are you nervous, anxious? If you can identify your triggers then you can come up with a plan and alternatives for when you encounter those situations.

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• tntmom1027 really says it! I chew my nails too and sometimes I realize what I am doing and will stop. But for the most part, I have found that I chew them more if I am bored or stressed. If I keep my self busy and keep my stress levels to a minimum I don't chew my nails as much.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I try to keep mine painted. Even if they aren't long and pretty to begin with. As long as mine are painted I don't bite them as much.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Just try not to. I know that sounds rude, but really. Just try and not think about it
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:20 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Take a microscope and look at slide of one of your finger nails,this will make you stop .There are critters in that dirt under your nails,and you are putting those critters in your mouth!!Think about every place your fingers have been before you put to your mouth?Do you wash after going to the bath room? Every time?? Think about it.would you chew on a rhinos horn?? Your toe nails?? Same stuff there too.not trying to be mean,just if you only knew the germs alone you would stop.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:59 PM on Dec. 28, 2010