Can I use my baby Ring Sling with my 2 week old 7lb baby?

If not, at what age can I start using my sling?

Christina1218

Asked by Christina1218 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as they're not smothered in it, or falling out of it, I don't see why you can't use the sling at any age.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• As long as you can see the baby's face and he's well supported, you should be able to use it from birth on.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Yes, Ive used mine since my son was a few days old and still use it now at 28 pounds and 14 months. I love it! Just make sure baby is up high on your chest (close enough to kiss) and head not covered up in the sling. Check out youtube for good how to wearing videos for newborns.
    XxPixiesworldxX

Answer by XxPixiesworldxX at 9:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• as long as you have your baby up to your chest and you can kiss his/her head and you can see his/her mouth and nose. You do not want Baby curled at all, tuck his/her legs up like a frog and make sure his/her spine is straight. You should be good. I like my RS for newborns but I find that a Wrap is better for NBs since you can get them nice and tight up to your chest. <3
    Eco_Momma

Answer by Eco_Momma at 10:08 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• i agree with pp
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:26 AM on Dec. 28, 2010