Strep throat hell.

I've been quarantined to my room so I don't getmy kids sick. I've never felt sick like this. My fever was 103 and my body aches felt like vices clamping down on every part of my body, my throat was so swollen they actually gave me a shot of something to make me breathe better. I have strep throat. Have u ever had it? IF so was it mild or next to unbareable?

Skepticchick

Asked by Skepticchick at 9:43 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Health

• I have had it many times. Most times it is tolerable, but one time I had it I felt like I was going to die. My headache was so bad I could not even lift my head, my throat was so sore I could even sip water. I had terrible body aches and a stiff neck. Usually with strep I feel better within a couple of days after taking the medicine, but that time it took a full 7 days to feel better.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:46 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I have not but my son has had it more than once. I don't recall him being quite as bad as what you have described but he is a teenager and he has to be pretty bad off to get him to stay home or even admit that he is sick. My understanding from when he had it was lots of rest and sleep. Gargling with warm salt water can also help. Also, have all toothbrushes thrown out and have hubby and kids start with new toothbrushes. We also use the throw away bathroom cups. Don't keep drinking from the same glass or use the same utensils over and over with out being washed.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Thanks for the advice... I've heard of the tooth brush thing good thing to know or I would've kept giving myself strep. I also got an earache from the strep. So mines pretty bad I guess.
    Skepticchick

Comment by Skepticchick (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I had it one time that I know of and it was SO painful. I could not swallow. I would spit instead. I believe I had antibiotics for it. I'm sorry to hear you're so sick, try to see a doc to get it cleared up. : (
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• My dd had it. She described flu like symptoms.  My dd had to get a shot of antibiotics.  She got back to school two days later.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 1:25 AM on Dec. 28, 2010