How would you react to someone talking trash about your child's name?

A girl who is a friend of my 17 year old sister, who I've met only twice had the nerve to tell me I made a horrible choice naming one of my sons Damon because its "too close" to demon. I honestly was left speechless because Damon is actually a decently common name and while I am aware that one of its meanings is demon my son was actually named after my husband's uncle who died just a month before my son was born.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Baby Names

• ignore her, after all she is a teenager lol .
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• My DD's name is Mary, so I have heard it means she is going to be full of so much sorrow. Because it is Jesus' mother's name.
    I just let it go.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 9:50 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I would just ignore her. Sounds like she is very immature.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 9:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I would ignore her. It's not as if she has a prominent place in your life.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:52 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• That was very rude of her and if she had a little more wisdom under her belt she would have ASKED you how you came up with the name Damon first before shooting off her mouth. Your sister needs to find some friends with better manners!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 9:54 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Who cares what she says...be a grown up. Are you going to get your panties in a bunch every time someone trash-talks you?
    Anonymous

• I made a commitment to myself to stand up To people who bully. So I would have to say something. But I wouldn't be combative.

"It's really rude to insult a child's name. Don't bully my child."

And thats all I would say. You can't change people or make them stop being assholes.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:08 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• anonymous quit being a bitch plz

ignore her now op but if she says something again let her know youd appreciate if she kept her comments to herself!
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 10:08 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Im with mommy16 anon, talking trash is one thing, talking trash about my kid,,,oh hell no!
    Anonymous

• i don't think she was trash-talking your child, she was trashing the way YOU named your son, which as you well know is YOUR choice. and it means "to tame" according to a other websites. i don't automatically think demon when i hear that name, now when i hear alyssa milano that's another story. but i wouldn't worry about what that girl had to say about the name that i chose.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 27, 2010