Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

HELP! VENTING! adult content

Well I mean my kids had a good Christmas no less but they arent old enough yet to know.. But I havent been working because my grades at school was starting to go down.. I havent had any help from their dad and it just makes me feel like I am failing at being a parent because I cant give them what they want.. and barely what they need.. Im going through child support battle with their daddy and hes being a POS I havent heard from him in over 3 months and when i did last I asked for help and he refused because I wouldnt sleep with him (FYI: Their dad owns his own company) so its not like he doesnt have the money hes just a asshole..I am struggling to be honest and if it wasnt for my parents then i wouldnt have a place to live.. I know i have to finish school for my kids and myself but its hard.. plus he has money out the ass for a lawyer i think i am going to get fucked over on this deal.. bad... sorry to be so blunt.. I just needed someone to vent to but the man is worth over 3 million and wont help his 2 kids.. (he has 3 with another women from a previous marriage) i just am not sure what to do


Asked by momof241988 at 9:52 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Relationships

Level 13 (1,285 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • Even if he can afford a lawyer... what's right is right. Ultimately a judge will decide that. So a lawyer could point out all they want... they could tie you up with time, and multiple dates, drag out procedings and that's about it.

    Document everything he says to you about the kids in a journal with dates. So you can recall things with ease. Go to court, he's probably praying on your fear. Apply with the courts for a FREE lawyer. They have those available I don't remember their name but call and ask your local court about it.

    Send him emails asking him for help see if he'll respond, you can then use that as proof too in court. Like trapping him into saying the truth.

    Until then if you need a little more help you should apply for gov. assistance. one day you wont need it. You're very admireable for caring so much about your children. For school and other things. It takes a strong person to pull through. You're strong.

    Answer by Skepticchick at 10:06 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • Take him to court for the child support. Your paperwork is with a case worker; things "should" run smoothly from there. The man owns his company and makes enough money to send child support. Him telling you that he won't give it to you unless you sleep with him I think is considered extortion. You can take him to court just for that!

    Answer by _Tam_ at 2:00 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

  • Do you have a lawyer? If you are not divorced yet and there is a battle over the kids and child support... I would think that a lawyer would be willing to take your case for the simple reason that you can request in you settlement that your husband pays your lawyer bill. Besides if he is worth that much, you should be entitled to a decent settlement from him to which you would be able to pay the lawyer with.

    I know it can be hard. I had to fight for my kids. I did succeed and so will you.

    Answer by marchar2002 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • '*♥* 'good luck to you and you are in my prayers i sure hope everything works out for you...what a bastard he is for putting you threw this just keep being a great mommy !!'*♥* '


    Answer by gracelessstar21 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

  • if he is promonate in the community, you could always leak it to the media on a slow day lol. I hope everything works out good and that you get what you deserve.

    Just keep on going, sometimes its all you can do.

    good luck

    Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • I thought of that but I would seriously RUIN his life if it got to the media... and thanks.. just need some help do decide what to do

    Comment by momof241988 (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • We were never married...

    Comment by momof241988 (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • Oh and you don't want to stoop to his level and go to media because if you throw low blows they'll bite you in the rear. Just stay above his level. Do what's right, not what feels good at the time. You don't want to screw yourself over. If you're thinking of going to the media I would honestly ask a lawyer first go in for a free consultation, before any sudden moves.

    Answer by Skepticchick at 10:08 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • I have turned in all the emails and phone messages to the child support office where I asked for help.. so thank you and your answer made me cry.. I just cant help but think about them and what they could have with a little more money I know it isnt everything and it cant buy happiness but it sure does help.. if you see my kids you would think they had the world because they are so happy... and no they wont remember this when they are older but i will.. i have a appt jan 6th with legal aid for a free lawyer... so maybe i can get this together i just dont want to loose my mind in the process...

    Comment by momof241988 (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Dec. 27, 2010