How do you bathe your newborn?

Mine is 4 months and I haven't found a good way ye. We tried the tub inside her tub but she screams and I can't get her entire body. I tried giving her a bath with me in with her bt isn't always doable and I'm using one hand and having a hard tme keeping her steady.

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 9:56 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I took showers with mine. It was the only way that I could keep her from screaming her head off.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Have you tried the kitchen sink, I know it sounds wierd but that you she is at a comfortable and more easily handled level for you. Or you can give her sponge baths until you figure it out more.

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• yeah tried tht too. That really pissed her off. lol.
    anxious1stimer

Comment by anxious1stimer (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Did u try giving the baby a Bath with u until u an her get use to bath time
    inlovewith4

Answer by inlovewith4 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• My daughter was this way until she was able to sit up on her own. I think it is a security thing with water for some babies. My son was just fine and loved the water but not my daughter. I just made the bath as quick as possible and sometimes cried a little myself as she screamed.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• We used a platform with foam and I got in the tub with her. That way she could lay on the foam and be steady and safe and I could wash myself a little bit. Once she started sitting up, I Sat her up and let her paly with her toys.

Sometimes now we take family showers with DH.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:13 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I have a soft cushiony bath mat that I lay them on, with very little water in the tub, until they start turning over and trying to crawl. It has a little extra cushion at the top, sides, and bottom which keeps their head up and keeps them in it so I can use both hands and flip them over to wash their back. I just try to make sure the water isn't too warm or too cool and try to give a fast bath.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I used a baby bathing tub. Excuse me here for not knowing the name exactly, but it has been almost 13 years since I had a baby.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 10:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Why not just get a small container of water and do a sponge bath on the changing table or the kitchen counter. My son is almost 4 and still freaks out in the bathtub, he started taking showers as soon as he could stand.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 10:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• it so easy just get one of those baby bathing tub put it in the sink make sure he is on his back and just use the hose and your hands he or she will love it
    tally927

Answer by tally927 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 27, 2010