Rachel Ray?

Calling yourself a mother because you gave birth is like calling me Rachel ray because i can boil water!

Who agrees with this? I know that some women think they have rights to their kids because of this but others think you have to raise the children( I am one of those people) You arent a mother unless you are there... ANY DEBATES?

momof241988

Asked by momof241988 at 9:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think Mother can be given to a woman who gives birth and chooses to give their children a better life by choosing adoption.
    I think Mother can be given to a woman who gives birth to a child who doesn't make it into the world successfully.
    I think Mother can be given to a woman who, didn't give birth, but raises a child who is not biologically hers, but is emotionally hers.

It's like that old saying--Don't judge a man until you have walked two moons in his moccasins.
    There is more to life than black and white. There are many, many different shades of gray.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• What,Rachel Ray isn't there for her children?
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 10:00 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• lol no its saying that women that call theirselves mom just because they had the kids is like calling yourself Rachel Ray because you can boil water... lol sorry for the confusion
    momof241988

Comment by momof241988 (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• True!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Yes it can but a women that has a child and doesnt choose to raise it leaves it with random people and is just plain out irresponcible with the childs well being is not a mother at all
    momof241988

Comment by momof241988 (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Dec. 27, 2010