How do you put your kid/s down? (Please list age)

I've got twins b/g, two years old. I feed 'em, bath 'em, let 'em brush their teeth, color(or some type of activity), read, pray, kiss and off to sleep. They get out of bed they get a spanking.

twinstartermom

Asked by twinstartermom at 10:00 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• usually its just eat and play and watch tv and then its off to bed. she is still in a crib so she doesn;t climb out but she usually stays with her blankie and her pacifer and either a doll or some kind of toy. some nights she might want mommy to snuggle with her so we sleep in the bed together. but other then that she has been pretty good. she is 21months.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• 17 months
    dinner
    play time
    bath
    book
    cup of milk
    BED
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 10:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• My kids are 2, 6 and 7. i have them dopj, brush their teeth sometimes a story depends on the night these days. Baths for us are much earlierso hair is good and dry by bedtime. They don't get up and I don't threaten either. I have had this same routine since the 6 and 7yr old were 2 and 3.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• 3 almost 4

He will brush his teeth, use the bathroom, get a cup of water, and then I read him stories and tuck him in. Normally he doesn't sleep right away but he knows he has to play quietly in his room or else we just walk him back and tuck him in again.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I have a four year old little boy. He gets a bath every other night, unless he was really busy and playing hard. He puts on his pajamas, takes medicine for allergies, brushes his teeth, and then hops into bed. We read chapter books and one picture book. He usually listens to music or looks at books quietly in his bed if he is not quite tired yet. He has a book light and quietly reads. If he has to use the bathroom he gets up and goes on his own. No spanking ever necessary. And if he calls out for one of us: we answer. Some nights he wants to cuddle a few extra minutes. No worries and no frustrations. He will only be a child once and it is extra time to just hold him and breathe in how wonderful and small he is at this very second. Other nights the kid falls asleep before his head even hits the pillow. But usually even before his bath we have family games we play as a calming family activity.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:17 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• You spank your children if they don't go to bed? I find that a bit excessive of a punishment.

My kids are two and one. I change their diaper, put them in their PJ's, give them a drink, give them kisses, tuck them into bed and say "Goodnight, Mommy and Daddy Love You". Turn out their light and go on about my night.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• My DD is 20 months we always give her a bubble bath lotion her down get her in her pj's let her brush her teeth read "i love my mommy because" book give her some warm milk or juice and put her down some nights it usually puts her out...other nights like tonight she fights it badly.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 10:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• My son is 10 months old. We have 2 schedules but they are similar. On bath nights, we shower/bath together (I shower while he plays in the tub below me, then I wash him), I get him in his PJs, set him in his crib while I make a bottle, feed him, sometimes we cuddle, then I put him to bed. On non-bath nights I set him in his crib while I make his bottle, change his diaper and get his PJs on, feed him, sometimes we cuddle, then bed.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• For my 8 month old... She has her dinner in her high chair, then plays with her toys, has her bottle, and then I lay her down in her crib with her light toy on that projects an image on her cieling. She falls right to sleep.

My 3 year old - dinner, plays, pajamas, a little tv, that gets turned off, I read her a book, we talk for a couple minutes, a kiss goodnight and her tradition that she made " I love you, Sweet dreams, goodnight, good luck, goodbye" lol Then I shut the door.
    She never gets out of bed anymore until the sun is up. She will call for me. At that time, I go in there see what she needs, if its just for attentions, I tell her its bedtime and I walk out.... I have done this since she was in her toddler bed at 15 months old. In the beginning it was rough but after a bunch of times of her walking out, and me putting her back in bed (without saying a word) she got the idea.

BelloItaliano

Answer by BelloItaliano at 11:33 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• My kids are 16 months, 3 and 4. Every other night is bath night. So it would go, bath, snack, watch a little tv to calm down, brush teeth, in beds, read story, pray, hugs and kisses, turn out lights.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:38 PM on Dec. 27, 2010