TTC over 40

Im 24 my husband is 42, we are just know TTC, I know age can be a factor for us ladies but can it be more difficult for my hubby to get me preggo because he is over 40? We havent had any luck yet?

cindyMcWifey

Asked by cindyMcWifey at 10:00 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It could but most likely not.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Nope. Men can make babies until the day they die. Women are born with all the eggs we are ever going to have. But men constantly are regenerating sperm. So, his age is not a factor.
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 10:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• As men age, they can have problems with sperm production but it would normally be accompainied by other issues.

Have you tracked when you are ovulating? It could just be that you aren't active at the right point in your cycle.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I would think with age a man can have trouble in this area too. Especially if they have any other health issues. Maybe he should have a complete health exam.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I was 21 when I conceived my daughter and my husband was 46. It took us about 3 months. I agree with Inloveagain. Men make sperm until the day they die. My husband and I have never had a problem getting pregnant and he will be 50 in January and we are going to try for our 3rd in the next week or so. I have always heard it's harder for older women to get pregnant, but not older men. If you are worried I would have yourself and hubby checked out by a doctor, but since you just started I would give it a little more time. GL

jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:54 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• man can have reproduce until they die , my grandfather was 62 when he and my grandma 40, had my mom so don't worry about it
    godislove715

Answer by godislove715 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2010