Are there any real friends out there?

My husband and I have been trying to find true friends for years. We meet people and then they turn out not to be "real". UGH. How do you find friends?

voni681

Asked by voni681 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• IM STILL LOOKIN! I HAVE ONE GOOD friend that ive known since 2nd grade but she lives in my home town! =[
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 10:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I had this girl I was friends with since high school and she turned out to be a home wrecker. Well at least she tried. My DH saw it coming, but I had to give her a second chance. And he was right.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 10:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Yes there are i have had my bff for 27 yrs and we have been thru alot.You just have to be able to weed thru the acquaintances, the part timers, and when you are going thru a reall crisis see who stays by your side.That will tell you alot.So called friends are to willing to not help when you need it the most. Usually they have better things to do. But when they stick around thru thick and thin no matter what........ well you have a true friend.
    charley01

Answer by charley01 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Pray for them.One time I was at a church party and I spotted a girl I knew from a previous job,I really wanted to get to know her but I was too shy.Then something freaky happened,I was standing in line for the punch bowl and she was right behind me! She was clear across the other side of the room before and it happened so fast it scared me,like God wanted us together he put her there!She turned out to be a long term good friend until she moved up to Oregon.I heard of her once but she moved alot and we lost touch.I also have had experiences where I met a guy at a party and later said I hope to see you again it was the first night and asking for phone numbers seemed to me a little scary.The next day at college,I was in line for registration and he was 2 feet away from me.We hit it off and were hanging out like crazy.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 10:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Yes, there are true friends. I am lucky enough to have several tried and true friends that mean the world to me and vice versa. They aren't perfect, but either am I. Despite that, I know they have my back and I have theirs. Keep looking, you will find them....for each failure, you are closer to success. GL!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I guess I just got lucky. My best friend fo the longest standing was once my stand partner in school. Another friend I'm now very close with I knew a little in high school and when I joined the lds church we got close, he's a born member. The other good friends we have we met becuase the wife transferred into my husbands department. Turns out they were into DnD like ben is and things just went forward from there. We're pretty close now with both her and her husband, in fact when we ot sealed last year her husband was one of our witnesses.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 10:20 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Yall sound like my Husband and I. Everyone We have met turns out to be fake, two-faced, "too good" for Us, etc. We have lost faith in finding REAL people who make true friends, but that's ok - my Husband and I are Best Friends. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I'm a real/true friend! I've always been the type of person that if anyone ever had a problem they knew that they could come to me, to talk, get advice, or just cry. But I only have two really good friends right now and I didn't grow up with either of them. I'm used to people coming and going in my life but I always hope that either I will help them become better people or they will help me become a better or more understanding person. Even if it doesn't turn out good there seems to always be something to learn.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I am still looking myself. My husband and I are just each others best friend. We've thought in the past we had great friends....they only used us for money favors babysit...you catch my drift....and EVERYTIME we needed help we couldn't get a single one to lend a hand. We just gave up.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 10:43 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Good/True friends are hard to find. Honestly the only real ones I have I grew up with do you have anyone that you can talk to; someone that you have known forever!!!
    6MonthsLeft

Answer by 6MonthsLeft at 10:43 PM on Dec. 27, 2010