do you ever feel lonely?

what do u do when you feel lonely? like when you dont have any adults to talk to, or friends?? what do u do??? i am so lonely, and wish i had friends... (please no bashing..)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I usually get on cafemom, but when I do then my family starts coming around to see what I am up to.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 10:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I would get lost in a good book or a good movie. Do something for yourself that you really enjoy, take a simple pleasure. Tomorrow look in your local paper for activities or clubs in your area where you might meet some new friends.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:37 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• That is what Cafe mom is for :-) Hang in there and just keep trying to "pick up" those other mommys at the park. I met one of my best friends at babies r us :-)
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 10:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I do right now. I just moved away from my really good friends and have not connected with my neighbors here yet. I talk to my friends back home daily. I also try to get out of the house. I went for a walk yesterday and my son and I visited with my mom and step-dad tonight.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 10:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I get online and chat with my friends there.

I actually have some extremely wonderful online friends who have been there for me more then real life ones.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I do sometimes because my husband and I are going through some things. I really cannot trust him but he has no idea how much it hurts me. So, I am looking for a job after the holidays. If this is not your situation, which I hope it is not because I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, then for now if I were you I would just get into a hobby and try to find groups of moms that have the same interests, or volunteer somewhere. You will make friends eventually! Don't give up hope.
    1bizzymommy

Answer by 1bizzymommy at 11:38 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I got involved with more things with my church... the only problem for me with this is I live an hour away and most everyone is closer to the proximity of the church than I am. I hope to move closer in a yr or two. I talked to people online but I recently as of a yr ago got burned badly by an online friend and do not do online friendships as much anymore. Just personal and besides I need to be around people offline more and develop healthier relationships that way. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:47 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I was lonely too till I got on meetup.com and started hanging out with like minded people. I also get on cafemom or Facebook too.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:08 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Find out if there is a moms club in your area you could join, it's a great way to get to know other women in your area.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:50 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Is there a group here on CM looking for people that live in your area? You could find some friends that way maybe. Or as others said, look up a moms group meet up in your area. Usually they list those in a parenting paper or magazine.
    It's hard, I know. It took me 3 years and having my DS before I met anyone where I live now. But they are now my best friends! GL!!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:52 AM on Dec. 28, 2010