How can I decorate my small home without feeling too cramped?

We are a big family and are already cramped as it is. But I want to decorate in a way that makes our home look and feel more homey and not so cramped. I dont know what to choose to live without and what to keep. Organization is a big problem as well! Help!

Adriana715

Asked by Adriana715 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Us light and neutral colors, it will help to open up the space. If you can, get shelving units. They play a big roll in organizing, and get things off the floor and desk and makes the area look larger and less cramped. Get a big mirror in your family room and maybe one in your kitchen or dining room. Mirrors make the space look larger too. Don't keep everything in one corner. Ex. Entertainment unit. It makes everything look pushed to the side as if it doesn't fit anywhere else. Pub tables are nice too. They are tall and seem to be bigger than a regular table, which makes it look like a bigger space to have a bigger table.

Good luck!!
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 3:39 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Eliminate as much clutter as possible. Buy the clear plastic tubs on sale and pack away anything that is not used on a daily or weekly basis.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Mirrors make small spaces seem much bigger.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 12:45 AM on Dec. 29, 2010