Regular cycle after Mirena?

I'm just wondering, from all us you previous Mirena users, how long it took you to get a normal, regulated cycle back. I only had my Mirena taken out in September and in October got it as usual ( I was on a 20 day cycle) and now this month I am at day 28 and no period yet. I have taken 3 pregnancy tests, all of which were negative. Thanks for all your help...and before you ask or say go have a blood test...already talked to OB and they told me body just re-adjusting.

ljliammama

Asked by ljliammama at 11:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• well i had it in for two years and never had a period in while it was in then i took it out and got on the pill and they regulated me for ever 28-30 days and then i got off the pill like after three months and now iam not on birth control and now my cycle is 32 days now so it takes a while to regulate you can use pill if you want it back to normal faster. but you not alone and its normal!!
    Anonymous

• Thanks for the advice! I don't want to regulate it using the pill however because we are looking to start ttc...we are trying to calculate ovulation because we are trying for the girl but thanks for the suggestion! Much appreciated
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 1:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I had it for 3 yrs. I had my normal period back after 2 months. I had a very unusual period cycle while on the Mirena, I got it every 4-6 months. Which I didnt mind, but now its regulated.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2008