Does this make me a bad parent?

I have a 2 year old and a 1 year old. I cant really get them to eat much during the day and i feel like im letting them starve, i have days where i dont feel like cleaning the house and i keep it as it is for a week, and i put them to bed at 7:00pm every night. Am i putting them to bed too early?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• My 18 month old goes to bed at 7pm nightly. I'd say no unless you can hear them up around playing... Then I'd put them to bed 30 minutes later and just see how that works for you. GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 10:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• No, my 20 month old sometimes is out at 6:30 LOL!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 10:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• No that is not too early. As long as you are providing balanced meals..I believe children will eat when they are hungry. Toddlers are often a little pickier and that is okay. You aren't a bad parent, sounds like you are a busy and tired parent, but I think you are doing just fine!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• No you are not a bad parent , I'm sure you are a tired parent and trust me they will eat when they get hungry they wont starve, that is normal for little ones.And 7 too early no way the are little and have much energy to exert during the day, after they have exerted all of yours they need the rest and you need me time.All in all you are doing fine :) ps the house take your time with it trust it wont go anywhere.
    charley01

Answer by charley01 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• No. My 3 year old and 8 month old are both in bed at 7.
    BelloItaliano

Answer by BelloItaliano at 11:02 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• my 4 year old goes to bed at 7:30. Make sure they eat as healthy as possible when they do eat, they will be fine. Try to find some fun, you are gonna miss these days one day
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• No you have your hands full. 700 is fine and who cares if your house isn't sparkling clean you have two little ones that do keep you busy.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 11:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Not if they watch t.v. or play in their bed. That is a little early though to make them go to sleep.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:53 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• 7pm is a perfectly fine bedtime. It was bedtime for ALL of my kids until this year. They were 9, 8, 7 and 3 last year and they all went to bed at 7 on school nights and 7pm was bedtime ever since the oldest two were 2 and 1. This year bedtime is 8pm unless they aren't behaving and then they go to bed at 7. I only clean when I feel like it, I had 3 under 3 and I rarely cleaned when they were babies. It was too hard with being up with the baby all night and then dealing with 2 toddlers. I did the dishes every other day and the laundry when we needed clean clothes and that was about it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:04 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• No, that isn't to early. My boys are 8 and 10 they go to bed at 8:30. My family said that is to early. I was letting them go at 9:00 but they were tired at school. So I changed it and now they are fine. It is your call as mom you know what is best. You should do the cleaning when you get the chance. Everyone does their best so just know you are doing the same. :) :) :)
    LADYA1983

Answer by LADYA1983 at 1:39 AM on Dec. 28, 2010