flat head

ok how do you prevent a babies head from getting any flatter my baby wont sleep on any other side and i prop blnkets it donat work baby just wiggles away from them???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hold the baby a lot.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 11:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Tummy time when awake and supervised-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• bumbo chairs are the best next to tummy time!
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 11:37 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• idk if this works but they used to tell new mothers to shape the baby's head by gently rubbing or cupping while you are holding them. My own mother must not have been able to do this since I was born with a burth defect and in the hospital the 1st 2 years of my life. The back of my head is somewhat flat. It drives me crazy!
    aikenchic

Answer by aikenchic at 12:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Carry the baby for most of the day, sleeping or not, and share sleep in the same bed. Your movements in sleep will stop the baby from sleeping in a single position all night, and keeping the baby on you and upright rather than leaning against or lying on anything will help develop his physical coordination, eyesight and immune system while avoiding the pressure that flattens heads. Select a baby carrier that you find comfortable and possible to sit, walk, stand and work in. I understand the Ergo is popular...

Avoid the use of swings, carseats (for anything but driving), strollers and bouncy seats as much as possible.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2010