My daughter is so mouthy

She's a good kid does her school work goes to school with no problem shes just so darn mouthy, I want to sew her lips shut what can ido!?

charley01

Asked by charley01 at 11:38 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Give her consequences for her actions. Take the cell phone away, etc, until she can speak with respect.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• LOL this reminds me of when I was 15 and my mother took me to see a counselor because "I had an attitude". She told the counselor about how I always talked back, I got mouthy, and was always mad. So I told to counselor that yes, I talk back, but I never curse at my mother, I never get physical with my mother, I don't even tell my mother I hate her, I don't steal from my mother, I don't do drugs, I don't drink, etc, etc.... The counselor looked at my mom and said "Congratulations! You have a beautiful, healthy, teenager!" lol!

So, it's normal. And after a few years, I stopped being so mouthy lol. But I think if you were to tell her how it makes you feel when she talks to you like that, it might make her think before she does it, or at least apologize afterwards.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:50 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• This is what teen girls do. It's natural. Just calmly tell her you don't appreciate what she's doing and to stop. She probably doesn't even realize she's doing it. I used to ask my kids "Are you sure you want to talk to me like that?" That would give them a moment to realize what they did and rephrase or get punished for disrespecting me.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:52 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• ummm...punish her. There is no reason for her to be mouthy with you ( or any one else) Rudeness is not okay for any reason
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 7:38 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• its not what teen girls do.....its what parents of teen girls allow them to do!!!
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 7:39 AM on Dec. 28, 2010