Any Breastfeeding moms ever give there 8 1/2 month olds any orange juice watered down?

Or water? I EBF, No formula we do solids, well more like all foods we eat home because thats what he wants. He eats well, knows how and can pick up foods on his own.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could but really very little oj and more water.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Okay, thanks lluvmy5
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• OJ can be pretty harsh coming out the other end. I would recommend being cautious with how much and how often!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:03 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I would nurse, and then when offering solids, also offer a sippy with water in it as part of the solid feeding.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:04 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• He doesnt know how to use a sippy cup, he doesnt use bottles anymore and i never introduced a sippy cup. My other two oldest never learned how, they didnt like it, didnt know how to use it. they went from bottle to open cup. they where formula fed. My son was BF from the start but i ended up supplementing because my milk was low then i stopped formula feeding and just strictly did BF.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• You can either offer the sippy and have him figure it out or you can start with an open top cup if you want to teach that. Both are good options.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:08 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Personally, I don't give juice before age 1, and very little until age 2. It's not necessary. They need to learn to eat their fruits instead of drinking them, and they need to learn to love water. I don't think there's anything wrong with juice, I just think it's unnecessary.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 4:03 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My little girl is a little over 8 months and shes only been breastfed from day one but we have her eating some solids now and started out giving water and now for the past couple of months we give her half juice half water mixed. Havent tried orange juice cause that has allot of acids in it but maybe try apple or grape, white grape. I dont do the sippys till after the age 1 so she just recently started excepting the bottle to drink her juice/water. Since she is breastfed it was really hard to get her to drink from a bottle though so you might have that problem too but maybe not. Just make sure that your baby isnt fealing up on fluids though cause they need to be eating there fruits, meat and veggies as well. I just cant imagine eating solids and not being able to have a drink inbetween so thats why I give it and she loves it now and still nurses almost the same except for its every 2 1/2 hrs now instead of every 1 1/2.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 5:56 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• good point kynziesmom
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:21 AM on Dec. 28, 2010