Is it bad of me?

i have a 3 year old and a 14 month old daughter. When i clean my house i put my 14 month old in her play pin until i get done cleaning and stuff, only takes me about 2 hours to do. Is that bad of me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• why would it be bad? Kids need to learn how to entertain themselves and you are giving her a safe place to do so while you are cleaning.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:02 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I don't see why this would be bad. You are making sure she is safe and where she can be watched. If you let her roam the house without watching her while you clean then it would be bad.
    I feel that you are not doing anything bad at all and you are doing what you need to, so that you can get your cleaning done.

Hope this helps.
    alondroche

Answer by alondroche at 12:04 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• '*♥* 'no your fine..it's not like you lock her/him in a closet or something...your just putting her/him in a playpen while you clean house ...its fine i wouldn't think it was bad of you...
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 12:08 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• No its not bad, I used to do that and she did just fine playing until she learned to get out of it, then I had to find other ways to keep her intertained while cleaning
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:14 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Not at all. They are safe in their while you get the things you need to get done.
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 12:31 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• when you gota get shit done, you gota get shyt done lol
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 12:43 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• You are doing the right thing. I did that with my boys they were 2y/o and 11 m/o. They love it they played or watched me. I would turn on music sometime. I think that is smart cause you know wear they are and they are not in the way. There is no chance of them messing with any cleaning stuff. That is one of the safest places they could be. When they were smaller I put them in the swing or the bounceing chair while I cooked or cleaned. This is something lots of mothers do. Don't be hard on yourself it is normal. I just think what they did when they didn't have all the things we have. I am pretty sure they had something though.
    LADYA1983

Answer by LADYA1983 at 1:13 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Its the safest place for LO to be and the best way to get things done quicker, I thought it was one of the golden rules to parenting,LOL.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 7:51 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• as long as shes not screaming in there for 2 hours. if she is playing and having a good time then your good. but if she goes in there and starts crying or something, and you don't get her, it MAY cause her to associate the crib with bad things and start to not go to bed in her own bed. just a thought.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 8:26 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Nope. If you have a little one that will keep in anywhere your so luckey!! Smile.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 6:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2010