When do I start feeling better?

I am 16 weeks pregnant and am still feeling very sick at night and having horrible heartburn especially when I am trying to fall asleep.

I thought by the second trimester that I am suppose to feel better.
If not not now then when can I expect to feel better?

Thank you,
Ashley

alondroche

Asked by alondroche at 12:01 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Everyone is differnt mine didnt got away until the 20th week but the heartburn will stay until after you have the baby.. sorry drink a glass of milk before you go to bed with a tums and elevate yourself a little so you arent laying flat on your back side or tummy.. it helped me alot hope it helps you.. goodluck
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 12:07 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• you can feel this way all the way to birth you will deff feel better after you have ur baby
    ponyland

Answer by ponyland at 12:08 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Every pregnancy is different. I didn't stop getting sick all the time until I was about 20weeks. Still to this day though I still get sick every once in awhile. Good luck hun! Oh and try not to eat an hour before you go to lay down, it helps.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Yea, I am 24 weeks. and I am just staring to not feel sick or have heart burn...
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 12:25 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• This is my 2nd preggy and I was lucky to not be sick with either... but last time I did have HORRIBLE heartburn to where I'd wake up because I had actually (sorry TMI) puked a little bit in my mouth. They say the heartburn is from the hormones relaxing ligaments & things in your body, and it relaxes the muscle that closes the esophagus, that's why some stomach acid leaks out & causes heartburn. For me this time it's not that severe but it's a LOT more frequent... also I was a lot queasier this time in the 1st 6 weeks or so but never got sick. I just heard another mama tell me that her MIL has 20 children and for her, eating green bananas or green mangoes helped her heartburn A LOT. You'd think with 20 kids she'd know somethin'. I'm gonna give it a try, myself.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 1:13 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I was never sick with my first 3 pregnancies when I was younger but had to take progesterone to keep 4th pregnancy viable until I was 5 months...I was sick the whole first 4 months while on the progesterone. It's the progesterone that makes you sick but it's also what helps keep a pregnancy in the early weeks so being sick is not necessarily a bad thing. Once your pregnancy is well established your progesterone levels usually go down and you feel better.
    Mim4

Answer by Mim4 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 28, 2010