Been trying for six months now,thinking about giving up on ttc.

Asked by Jane8175 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• When we gave up, after a year, that is when I got pregnant. When I stopped all the stressing, the charting, taking my temperature and just having sex again for fun, not to get pregnant, that is when it happened.

Answer by JamieLK at 12:16 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Don't give up it takes awhile. If you got off the pill it will take awhile. I was off the pill in April and then my husband left for TDY in May then we started in June and didn't get pregnant till the end of September.
    I know some who have tried for 8 months or more and was able to conceive. It is true if you are stressing about things and/or about conceiving then it will take longer.

Answer by alondroche at 12:17 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• buy an ovulation test,.,... i got the digital easy to read one.. i had sex when that positive sign showed up n bam... got pregnant w twins.,... if you do this and still havent gotten preggers by the 4th month... see a doctor.. somoethings up

Answer by FITmama2B at 12:30 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I'm sorry it's taking you longer than you want. Maybe if you stop trying it will happen for you.

Answer by twinmama2five at 12:30 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• It's perfectly normal for it to take a couple over a year to concieve when both partners are completely healthy.

Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and learn to chart. Everyone I know who has charted, including myself has gotten pregnant in 2 months or less.

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• It seems like a full time job, and it is okay to take a break from it. Less stress. Good luck honey.

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Thank you all for the your thoughts im not goin to give up...I thank you all again.

Comment by Jane8175 (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Healthy couples with no issues can take up to a year and a half to conceive. Just saying.

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2010