Been trying for six months now,thinking about giving up on ttc.

Jane8175

Asked by Jane8175 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• When we gave up, after a year, that is when I got pregnant. When I stopped all the stressing, the charting, taking my temperature and just having sex again for fun, not to get pregnant, that is when it happened.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 12:16 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Don't give up it takes awhile. If you got off the pill it will take awhile. I was off the pill in April and then my husband left for TDY in May then we started in June and didn't get pregnant till the end of September.
    I know some who have tried for 8 months or more and was able to conceive. It is true if you are stressing about things and/or about conceiving then it will take longer.
    alondroche

Answer by alondroche at 12:17 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• buy an ovulation test,.,... i got the digital easy to read one.. i had sex when that positive sign showed up n bam... got pregnant w twins.,... if you do this and still havent gotten preggers by the 4th month... see a doctor.. somoethings up
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 12:30 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I'm sorry it's taking you longer than you want. Maybe if you stop trying it will happen for you.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 12:30 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• It's perfectly normal for it to take a couple over a year to concieve when both partners are completely healthy.

Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and learn to chart. Everyone I know who has charted, including myself has gotten pregnant in 2 months or less.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• It seems like a full time job, and it is okay to take a break from it. Less stress. Good luck honey.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Thank you all for the your thoughts im not goin to give up...I thank you all again.
    Jane8175

Comment by Jane8175 (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Healthy couples with no issues can take up to a year and a half to conceive. Just saying.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2010