How would you feel if after being a stay at home mother for years your DH or SO suddenly complained about you using them?

I had a heated discussion with my soon to be ex and when it was all said and done he complained I used him for six years and he wished he was a woman so he could use people. When he says this stuff I know leaving him is the right thing listening to this makes me mad maybe more of vent then a question?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I have been through(am still ) going through this after 20 years. He left and now wants to come back. No way no how after you ripped my heart out. I feel your pain believe me.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 4:56 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My first response to reading your question would be I was hurt, because I am a SAHM, and I know all the things that I have done over the yrs - both in our marriage, for our kids, and as a volunteer, and that my dh has been very supportive - and has in fact agreed with these choices. So, if he was to come back now and say that he thought I had been using him, I would be hurt that he felt that way.

But, reading the rest of the explanation that went with your question - if we were going through a divorce already and he said that - especially if it's one that I initiated - then I would figure it was his anger that was talking, and take it with a grain of salt.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:18 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i'm a sahm and if anything it would be him using you lol! a sahm does way more than they get credit for!! he probably said what he did out of anger, don't take it to seriously you know the truth about if you were using him or not!
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 4:47 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I think he is saying it to be hurtful.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 12:23 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I agree with the mentioned above mama.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:25 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• That would hurt my feelings too. I'm glad you're getting out though!
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 12:27 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Did he say how he thought you were using him?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:26 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I am leaving after years of this.
    pinkdragon36

Comment by pinkdragon36 (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I just want to respond because I never thought he was ever going to say I was a loser or useless. I know different it just hurts
    pinkdragon36

Comment by pinkdragon36 (original poster) at 12:30 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• yes. We have kids and he thought I was using him
    pinkdragon36

Comment by pinkdragon36 (original poster) at 1:28 AM on Dec. 28, 2010