is this a contraction? SERIOUS QUESTIOB U NEED AN ANSWER PLEASE!

first of all it does not feel anything like contractions felt with my other 3. and i cant tell if its just the baby pushing out. its not regular but its happening atleast every 15-20 minutes....sometimes less. so belly is getting tight, mild period like cramps that almost feel like hes just pushing on something in there, some pain on my right side, pressure in ribs on the left side. its been a couple hours. im paying attention just incase but does it sound like something you would call the doc or L&D about?

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 12:26 AM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Eek. Have you been over-doing it? Maybe take it easy, sit down and relax with a BIG glass of water. I remember last time I was running aroudn doing laundry & stuff & started to get rhythmic contractions... my doc says 4 or more in an hour and you should call. I was having probably 8 an hour. (yikes!) They told me to sit and relax and drink lots of water & they subsided.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Yes I would, just in case. How far along are you? With my 1st my "real" and not BH contractions were 3 minutes apart from the get-go and were not bad at all - they felt like mild menstrual cramps mixed with gas cramps. It took me a few times before I realized they were rhythmic and that's what they were. In fact that's how they were for about 8 hours until I finally decided it was time to go, at which time they just got more & more "intense"... not painful. It just got to a point where I was bracing myself for it to get worse, but it never got as bad as I expected. I arrived at the hospital at 7cm!!
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Sounds like contractions to me
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:36 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• And btw I'm 8 mo preggy now and have yet to experience a BH contraction, unless these just feel different than last time...
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 12:36 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i am 32 weeks, i can clearly remember what they felt like before and this is not that feeling. but i know they can feel different ways and i dont know if this is one, its way too early.
    cassie_m

Comment by cassie_m (original poster) at 12:37 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i think i have probably overdone it today. so i will just try relaxing and dringing water for a bit to see if it stops. if it doesnt stop in an hour or so i will call. thanks for answering.
    cassie_m

Comment by cassie_m (original poster) at 12:46 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Yes mam but you may be having Braxon Hicks contractions.. they just prepare your body for delivery.. but i would call you doctor just in case
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 12:48 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• No prob. Take care, mama. Post later on how you're feelin'!
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 12:51 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• '*♥* 'if you have over done it today it just could be that..but i would really keep an eye on it and call the doc if it starts again...or just go to the er right away..every labor is different ...best of luck to you hon'*♥* '

gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 12:51 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• drink LOTS of water and lay on your left side that's what they always told me and if that doesn't help then to go in! Good luck!
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 1:35 AM on Dec. 28, 2010