How do you find

the motivation to go to work? I'm 9 months pregnant and before I was pregnant I already had problems making myself do ANYTHING consistently. Now I'm like a planet and all I want to do is stay home and get things ready. I hope this changes after I go to college and find a job I can stay interested in.

Anyway, would they allow me to go on maternity leave before the baby is born? Or is there a job that I can do from home to make money that actually works?

ours

Asked by ours at 12:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I seriously doubt anyone would hire you being so very preggo right now. But after the baby is born you will have a much easier time getting a job. To find the motivation to do things you dont want to, remind yourself that your entire life span will include things you dont like doing or dont want to do but are necessary in order to survive. Your baby is a great motivating factor because if you dont do for the baby the baby will suffer. So cheer up. Your soon to be new baby will most likely give you all the motivation you need to get things done.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I was the same way and the place I was working at denied me maternity leave do I had no choice but to quit and I got to collect unemployment!
    Anonymous

• They let me go on maternity leave early, but only a few days before my c-section.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 12:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• some places let u go on maternity leave early, but not too early. i dont have a job and i am soooo anxiously waiting for the baby that i wish i had a job to distract my mind. it seems like all i ever do is sit at home and wish i was having the baby... but if i had been working my whole pregnancy it would be different. u do deserve the rest. my friend went on leave like 3 weeks before she had the baby, and at the time i thought she was dumb, but i'd never been pregnant, and also when she was 37 weeks pregnant she was basically useless her back and feet hurt so bad she just sat there instead of working i guess it just depends on ur job and how much longer u have to wait
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I found it hard to focus on anything when I was waiting for baby to come; I think that's perfectly normal. Things will probably change after the baby is here: you'll be motivated to give baby the best possible life you can, you'll have a much easier time doing a mundane job.

As far as early maternity leave goes, it depends on the job. Keep in mind that you may hit 42 weeks before the baby is born, so you could be away from work for a LONG time. If they have a set amount of time off for you, it'd suck to use up weeks before s/he is born and not have the time later to spend with your baby (and to recover, you may need it more than you think!).
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2008