How do you deal with an impossible mother in law???

My mother in law is very disrespectful. I dont want to confront her cuz it wont be pretty if I do. My husband is going to talk to her. But I'm not sure if I can face her after all the crap she's been pulling

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• Then dont face her. That's what i had to end up doing. She was just a major b*tch & i didnt want to be around such a negative person. My SO talked to her but she continued so now i just dont even go around her or talk to her unless i MUST. i think we said like 3 sentences to eachother in the past 3 months. I know it shouldn't be like that, but honestly it is SO much better. So if you dont want to face her or dont want to be around her then don't. Trust me its a lot less stress!!

Good luck!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• kill her with kindness send her cheesy cards that will get under her skin or bake her cookies blah blah she will get sick of you and back off i would think lol

Anonymous

• Take this from someone who knows...she can learn to behave, and get along - and you can tolerate her.  BUT, to do this - your dh must be clear to her that he is committed to you - not her.  He has to spell it out that he will not tolerate this disrespect toward to or he will cut all ties with her.  Then, she can make the decision for you......odds are she will straighten up.  Good luck!

MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 12:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2008